- Mixed into potting soil results in faster germination and plant growth, and increases crop yield due to presence of plant growth hormones.
- Worm castings also contain humic acid– Humic acid frees up nutrients present in the soil, making them more available for uptake by plants.
- Helps repel pest insects
- Fights diseases
- Increases plant blooming
How To Use Castings
- Mix into potting mix at a rate of 5-20% by volume
- Make worm tea- use a 5 gallon bucket, a mesh bag, and a fish tank bubbler for 24 hrs.
- Spray finished tea onto plant leaves or water plants with tea within a few hours
Care of Castings
- Keep in cooler darker conditions such as indoors until use
- Don’t allow them to dry out
- Don’t store in sealed container such as plastic bag
Buy Worms and Castings
You can purchase your own worms or castings at Seans Garden in Pinehurst.